Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Step 1 Baseline

STEP 1 : Baseline

  1. The only time i do not use PROFANITY is when I am around my grand parents, or in a class room setting. Profanity can take the form of words, expressions, gestures, or other social behaviors that are socially constructed or interpreted as insulting, rude, vulgar, desecrating, or other forms. Profane language often takes the form of cursing, swearing, expletives, bad words, dirty words, nasty words, cussing, blasphemy, and irreverent, obscene, foul, indecent, strong, pejorative, choice, bad, or adult language, and sometimes even "mature" language.
  2. I use profanity while driving in the car, talking on the phone, texting a friend, yelling at the TV, commenting on social media websites, partying with friends, and if pain has been inflicted. I think the reason I choose to use profanity over other words is because i lack the presence of the other words in my immediate vocabulary. So by increasing my vocabulary with a new word everyday then reinforcing the behavior, I will attempt to lessen the amount of profanity that I use in a single day.
  3. Starting 6/15/2011 I, Christopher Franko will start recording the baseline for the behavior  "Using Profanity".

3 comments:

  1. Heh heh. I've never thought about this from this angle before. Using new words to block out profanity. I gotta try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use profanity every fucking day, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. i try not to use profanity in general. which is harder than it seems LOL

    ReplyDelete